Sunday, January 13, 2008

888 Challenge

I finished my first two books this weekend. (That's one advantage to staying home on the weekends stuff actually gets done like reading, laundry, dishes :-) I finished Reunion, the 5th book in a long series of Karen Kingsbury books, it was in line with the rest of them, but sad at the end. When I talked to Sally about it in December, I was only about halfway through it, and had figured out the next twist in the story, but am eager to read on to see where the story goes next.
And I also finished "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World." My friend from the church here in La Junta, Misty, and I decided a while back to choose a study book to read "together". We read the chapters and then discuss them when we see each other at church. It was a good book, it talked about how to balance worship time and service time for Christ in our ever increasingly busy world. It talked about how we have to have a balance of worship time and service time in order for our lives to have a sense of purpose, because if we get too overworked with no worship we forget who we are working for; and vice versa- if we don't get enough work we feel like we don't have a purpose in God's family. It has given me a lot to think about and to re-evaluate in my life. Which is good, because sometimes you have to look at where your life is headed to make sure you are not drifting too far off one way or the other.
The next book Misty and I are starting is " If I really Believe, Why Do I Have These Doubts?" I am looking forward to it, will fill you in on it as I get into it. And I am also going to start "The Red Tent" this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish that one by next weekend, we'll see how the week goes.

2 comments:

MamaMia said...

I'm a little jealous of all this reading that you're doing. Enjoy it while you have the time!

Laura said...

How fun that you got to do all that reading! I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books, but my library doesn't have many of them. The rest of the books that you are reading/have read sound really good too! Fun!