Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm a Survivor...

Well- I did it! I survived my first multi-day, multi-state sepearation from my husband! And other than a little sleep deprived, I'm none the worse for wear- I even got banana bread baked! :-) G got home around 11p last night. He was able to catch a flight an hour earlier than scheduled, which was nice & he brought me some yummy looking chocolates from the fancy dinner they had Tuesday night (there was a box at each place setting at the dinner tables, four spots were empty on his table, so he picked up the extra boxes since nobody else wanted them)... I haven't tried them yet, but they look really good!
Now if I could just have my wedding ring back, I'd be whole again. (Have to wait til at least Saturday for that though... it's still in Denver being worked on...)

5 comments:

Sally said...

what's wrong with your ring?

suezque said...

Well, it was past time for it's six-month cleaning/inspection/maintenance- whatever you call it, so G took it for that. But I also asked him to ask about the fact that the two rings were not the same circumference, one was slightly smaller than the other- I was afraid of wearing the larger one down, so they are gonna fix it. And maybe put more sauder in it if they could accomplish it without losing my engraving on the wedding band. But they were behind schedule, and said it would take them a few days to get it done. Hopefully it will be done for us to pick up on Saturday- if not I'll be without it for another whole week... I feel naked without it!

LaughingLaura said...

Congrats on surviving your first separation! :-D Let me know when you're planning to come through town on Saturday... We should try to grab dinner or something.

Also... Let me knwo when you finish this week's episode so we can discuss it. :-D

MamaMia said...

Well glad to see you made it through! Do you know when the baby stuff will be in?

suezque said...

Mia- the baby stuffis here, will bring to you tomorrow... :-)